Monday 16 September 2013

Gracias Tamariu

We often come across places that are worth going back to. That is exactly how I feel about this little town in Costa Brava, Spain. I was there for 3 days and could have easily spent a few more days there. It is a small bay, with lots of yummy restaurants for those who love paellas, seafood and fish and little more than that. Being such a small town, village in my opinion, is what made it so welcoming and enjoyable. I truly found it to be a great gem in the coast of Spain. Of course the peak season is spoiled with high priced hotel rooms and that's why I think it would have been much more pocket friendly to have searched for a serviced apartment to rent as I did see quite a few of those there. I believe this is a great place for anyone who is looking for a "sleep-eat-lay in the sun" holiday...and for those who enjoy scuba diving, that is also a possibility here! I also noticed there was a boat rental company which rented out different sorts of boats, meaning that you could just grab your partner/family/friends and head off to other wonderful beaches (many of these with no road access!). Tamariu is about 1h30 from Barcelona which makes it quite accessible and it is definitely worth the drive. I went there in August, which meant that everything was more crowded than usual, but I still had a lovely time. If I could choose to go there again, I would definitely consider to go around the end of June, try to rent an apartment instead of booking a hotel room and enjoy the beautiful weather in a beautiful scenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment